Wednesday, December 5, 2007

MIRACLE ON 34th STREET...well actually the Town Center Mall


He did it!
I got home from work last night and the first thing Carson said was "I wanna go see Santa". We kinda blew him off as we have heard all this before. This time he was persistent and was not backing off. he kept up the begging for almost an hour and we finally gave in when he kept saying" I'm so excited".
So....off to the mall. I parked at the closest entrance to Santa so we wouldn't have to walk very far back to to car when he did his 'about face' and said "I wanna get outta here". To our surprise he was all smiles and held our hands as we exited the car and headed into the mall. As he walked, his cowboy boots kept a cadence, shuffling toward Santa. (he wanted to wear them because Daddy wore them when he had his picture made)
But, Santa had moved and was located all the way down the mall. When we got there the jolly fat man was no where to be seen!, Carson seemed so dejected! The lady photographer said he was on a restroom break and would return shortly.
Long story short, he appeared and Carson immediately stepped up to his knee and the words just flowed. He sat on his lap and talked for at least 15 minutes as no one else was in line. He told him what he wanted and asked about the reindeer and what they liked to eat, what Santa wanted to eat, told about Daddy's little accident when he sat on Santa's lap and even reminisced about Easter. The conversation would have gone on all evening but we had to get back home for bedtime.
If you would have asked me yesterday morning about him sitting on Santa's lap, I would have said"never in a million years", but what do I know?
This has made our Holiday!
Now...for his next trick....'getting within 50' of a Mascot!!'
Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'm proud of the big guy! Give him a big high five for me.