Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A CHRISTMAS STORY...2007




“I think I want Santa Claus to come to my house this year”, quipped Carson yesterday. I said “that is a good idea! he can land his sleigh on the other end of the house and drop off the toys in front of the fireplace and you will never know he was even here.”
Nah! Maybe you can just go meet him again at the Huntington Mall
Carson still is very apprehensive about Santa. He loves the thought, but still wants him to keep his distance. The Huntington Mall thing came about last Christmas Eve after the family departed and he was getting ready for bed. It was just then that he realized a jolly fat man in a red suit was going to enter his house while he was asleep just down the hall, He wasn’t just gonna drop off a few gifts, he was gonna sit in the big wingback chair, eat some cookies and down a glass of milk before hopping in the sleigh and flying off with the reindeer.
As the wheels in his head turned at breakneck speed, he devised a plan. “Daddy, I don’t want Santa to come here, I want you to meet him at the Huntington Mall” I told him the Mall was closed and he then told me just to meet him on the parking lot. I offered to meet him at the Cedar Knoll Mall and he rejected that idea, insisting I go all the way to Huntington. Cedar Knoll was 6 miles away instead of 20 and that was still a little too close for comfort. Sharla and I agreed and she put the cookies in a Ziploc bag for me to give to Santa. My pretend trip satisfied his anxiety and Carson was all smiles as he drifted off the sleep with visions of “sugarplums” dancing in his head. (Well actually knowing Carson it was probably visions of Skittles”.
Maybe I won’t have to venture out in the cold this Christmas to meet Santa, or maybe it can be Sharla’s turn this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to send her to do the dirty work this year Bro! Oh yeah, don't ever let Carson watch, "Childs Play"....

Pineapple Princess said...

So grateful for your prayers! Thank you is not enough.
Great blog! What a handsome son you have, by the way.

God bless you and your family!