Thursday, November 8, 2007

IF YOU GO OUT IN THE WOODS TODAY........


If you go out in the woods today,You’d better not go alone.It’s lovely out in the woods today,But safer to stay at home.

A real shocker today.

I was perusing the Google Earth this afternoon, looking at soccer stadiums across the globe and on a whim, typed in my address as I had done before and zoomed down on my house. This is an amazing site. I can see the house and cars in the driveway. I used the directional pointer and started a journey up Hurricane Rd. Less than 1/2 mile and before the next house there was a blue dot. Now a blue dot on Google Earth allows you click on it for some pertinent information. I clicked and a box appeared with a web address and nothing else.

I clicked again and it directed me to http://www.bfro.net/ The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.

Now I have to admit that I was really into Bigfoot, Yeti and other unexplained beasts but got over that phase back in 1974. I read every book, newspaper article and could watch that short, shaky Patterson film over and over again, truly believing it was for real. I wanted to travel to Northern California and Mt Hood in Oregon to chase my own Sasquatch!
I guess I just outgrew my fascination and moved on with other pursuits.

So I click on this dot and read the headline...Mother and her son see a tall, hairy, bipedal creature cross the road in two steps.

The account goes on to explain that it was 2;30-3:00am on a blacktop country road..it was extremely tall..extremely hairy...took lanky steps.

This account was witnessed in 1998 but reported in October 2001.

The area in question is a heavily wooded area,only a mile southeast of Blackburn Ave in Ashland. I have lived here for 17 years. It consists of several hundred acres of uninhabited woodland with a lot of heavy timber. The area directly behind my house and extending toward Skyline Dr is 2 miles long with only 4 houses on that side of the road and the other side is comparable with only a few more houses crowded into a short 800'.I have covered practically every inch of this area over the years and I do believe that is secluded enough to harbor many forms of wildlife and I have witnessed many beasts roaming the woods..squirrels, deer, raccoons, owls, turkey, snakes, tarpins ,( box turtles for you folks that "ain't from around here" and even coyotes....but never a Bigfoot!

Further investigating led me to http://www.kentuckybigfoot.com/ it had pictures of Bigfoot's taken in Carter County and Boyd County.

I printed the report and gave it to Sharla to read without any explanation. She read along, stopping only to say "is this for real"? after she finished, she dropped the paper on the table and said "we're moving!"

Nah, we're staying put. I'm not gonna tell Carson about this one, as he won't want to play outside and I'm not sure Sharla will let him.

If the cat food starts disappearing...or the cat..then I'll think about moving.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew that streaking incident of mine back in 1998 would turn up sooner or later!!!!

I'm moving too bro!